Tuesday, January 24, 2012
01/28: DemocracyforNewMexico Randomly Picked to Present at ABQ Sprout Dinner
DemocracyforNewMexico submitted for the ABQ Sprout micro-grant and was randomly chosen to be one of ten local community projects which will present to the first ABQ Sprout Dinner, competing for a micro-grant.
You can watch the random picking of the ten contestants here.
ABQ sprout is a recurring public dinner funding micro-grants for local creative projects that contribute to the Albuquerque community.
How it works:
- We randomly choose 10 grant proposals from the project submissions.
- These 10 ideas are presented at a community dinner.
- Volunteers prepare dinner.
- Proposals are presented in 5 minute sprouts.
- Everyone receives a ballot and votes on what they believe best fits Albuquerque’s needs.
- Sliding scale fees ($15-30) for dinner provide an immediate micro-grant to the winner.
The Inaugural ABQ Sprout Dinner will be held this Saturday, the 28th, at the South Valley Multipurpose Senior Center on 2008 Larrazolo Rd SW in Albuquerque from 6 to 9pm.
Tickets appear to be going fast. Sign up now. DemocracyforNewMexico could sure use your support, and supporting this Sprout project with our grassroots base seems to be the perfect natural organic fit.
Great ---- I just RSVP'd for Saturday's dinner. Looks like fun and what a creative way to support creative projects.
Posted by: Lora Lucero | Jan 25, 2012 1:30:01 AM
Thanks Lora! I agree....a terrific idea!
Posted by: Mary Ellen | Jan 25, 2012 7:13:00 AM
I wasn't able to make it. How much was raised and who got it? Do you think this method will catch on here?
Posted by: Michelle Meaders | Jan 29, 2012 9:28:03 PM