« Sen. Dede Feldman Guest Blog: Stewart Udall - He Was a Friend of Mine | Main | Guest Blog: Texas Republicans and Oral Sex - What Is The Deal? »

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

6/24: Fundraiser for Mary Herrera at Pappadeaux in Albuquerque

From Campaign to Re-Elect Mary Herrera:
MaryHerreraCr Please Join Mary Herrera for a benefit in her bid for her re-election as Secretary of State at a Reception on Thursday, June 24th, from 5:30 to 7:30 PM, at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen located at 5011 Pan American Freeway NE in Albuquerque. Refreshments and hors d'oeuvres will be provided. Suggested contribution is $25, $500 for Platinum Sponsors, $250 for Gold Sponsors, $100 for Silver Sponsors, $50 for Bronze Sponsors

Please RSVP to: Margaret at (505) 261-3942 or by email to [email protected] Contributions may be brought to the event or be made payable and sent to: Committee to Re-Elect Mary Herrera, 812 Vista Faisan Trail NW, Albuquerque, NM 87107. If you are unable to attend you may also contribute online using paypal at www.maryherreraagain.com.

June 22, 2010 at 11:22 AM in 2010 NM Secretary of State Race, Events | Permalink

Comments

DIANNA DURAN 2010! She is the progressive in this race!

Posted by: HerreraHasToGo | Jun 22, 2010 2:27:43 PM

I've noticed many progressives are from Tularosa, ha ha ha. Duran has voted like a right winger the whole time she was in the legislature. Don't let her fool you.

Posted by: DL | Jun 22, 2010 3:16:09 PM

nothing could be worse than 4 more years of Mary H.

Posted by: HerreraHasToGo | Jun 22, 2010 3:52:14 PM

I am a life-long Dem and have many concerns about Mary Herrera. I don't think she is corrupt. But I seriously wonder if she is up to the job.

Posted by: Mark | Jun 22, 2010 4:10:33 PM

If you don't like what she's done you should demand more money to operate the office. That is the real problem. She's not a miracle worker.

Posted by: DL | Jun 22, 2010 5:03:58 PM

Herrera gets a bad rap. What has she done that is bad? Our elections have run smoother than they ever have. I can't believe a Democrat would vote for tea party kisser Durran.

Posted by: Mary Fan | Jun 22, 2010 5:05:52 PM

DL - she wouldn't need more money if she got rid of the dead weight in the form of incompetent employees. Or perhaps her five figure travel expenses. If I were the legislature and governor, I wouldn't give her one penny and would probably cut what she currently has.

The SOS does not run elections (thank heavens), the County Clerks do. One only needs to remember Marys stint as Clerk in Bernalillo County. Disaster after disaster-2000, 2002, 2004, 2006.

Wow, where to start on what she has done that "is so bad"? How about what she hasn't done. She hasn't been able to keep State Elections director for more than a year. The most current director resigned and called her out on the corruption taking place in the office.

It took her three and a half years to implement a campaign reporting system (again more corruption around this) and it still does not work.

She is currently being sued in federal court for not being effective in the enforcement of the National Voter Registration act. Specifically motor voter and registration at social service offices.

And have you ever talked to her or heard her speak? She can't form a complete sentence.

You all will see in the coming months. It will all come out and then you can start being honest with yourselves that NM deserves better.

Posted by: HerreraHasToGo | Jun 22, 2010 7:12:14 PM

Republican talking points above. I notice the tea party nuts are sending their minions to all the blogs to hold forth. Durran is nothing but a front for the tea baggers and has voted for every right wing position and against every sensible bill in the legislature when she served. Her district is a center for tea bagger activities including strutting around with guns. The progressive choice? I don't think so.

The reporting system you mention was heavily underfunded which is why it was troublesome. But that is what "conservatives" like-defund government functions and then complain they don't work. We see through you tea bagger.

Posted by: Joe | Jun 23, 2010 8:40:14 AM

I don't like either. We need a computer literate with expertise in data base creation and maintenance. Anybody in the agency that does not have up to date computer skills should be laid off. We have so many unemployed people with excellent experience and skills that could step into agency jobs and get the work done for the cost of their wages.

Posted by: qofdisks | Jun 23, 2010 8:55:42 AM

So why aren't they running?

Posted by: Question | Jun 23, 2010 11:11:42 AM

I would be very careful if I were you JOE. I am a staunch democrat who just happens to like my elected officials to have a brain. If that makes me a teabagger then so be it. Democrats are going to lose up and down the ticket this fall due to comments like that which marginalize your BASE of support. We have already lost the swing vote...go ahead ignore the base as well.

Posted by: HerreraHasToGo | Jun 23, 2010 11:49:59 AM

Yeah, I believe you pal. What's marginalizing the BASE of the Republican party is their insanity, hatred and lies. If you really are a Democrat and vote Republican you have a screw loose. Durran has a brain? I haven't noticed that.

Posted by: Joe | Jun 23, 2010 12:14:29 PM

Mary Herrera has always been a hard worker. Fair and kind, yet not afraid to fight for what is right. Most of the posts here are bickering back and forth. I guarantee you Mary was either working or thinking about work the entire time. If you have a problem that she could fix, call her up. Your call won't go unanswered.

Posted by: Jan says Hi | Jun 24, 2010 1:22:20 PM

We need a change in the Secretary of State's office. For all of you who do not know the real Mary are the ones who are backing her up and dont really know how badly she runs that office. I myself, i am a democrat, but i will be voting for Dianna Duran. This lady is bright and intelligent. She knows how to speak in public and has her facts straight!!

Posted by: Maryanne Tafoya | Jul 12, 2010 4:13:33 PM