Monday, August 15, 2011
Retiree, Health Groups to Educate Seniors on New Medicare & Pre-Existing Condition Benefits at Albuquerque Senior Centers This Week
This week retiree and health-advocacy groups will be visiting senior centers around Albuquerque educating seniors about new free benefits available to them under Medicare as a result of the Affordable Care Act. Speakers will also educate seniors who are not quite Medicare age about benefits and coverage for people with pre-existing medical conditions.
Who: Alliance for Retired Americans, Senior Citizens Law Office, Health Action NM, Know Your Care New Mexico
What: Informational visits on health care rights and benefits; and law clinics at senior centers in the metro area. All are welcome to attend.
When: August 15-August 19, from 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM.
- 8/15, Monday: Manzano Mesa Multi-Generational Center, 501 Elizabeth St SE, Albuquerque
- 8/16, Tuesday: Los Volcanes Senior Center, 6500 Los Volcanes Road Northwest, Albuquerque
- 8/16, Tuesday: Barelas Senior Center, 714 7th Street SW, Albuquerque (Senior Citizens Law Office clinic)
- 8/17, Wednesday: Bear Canyon Senior Center 4645 Pitt St. NE, Albuquerque
- 8/18, Thursday: North Valley Senior Center, 3845 4th St. NW, Albuquerque (Senior Citizens Law Office clinic)
- 8/18, Thursday: Meadowlark Senior Center, 4330 Meadowlark Ln SE, Rio Rancho (Senior Citizens Law Office clinic)
- 8/19, Friday: Barelas Senior Center, 714 7th Street SW, Albuquerque