« "He's Baaack" Rep. "Chucky" David Chavez Re-Introduces HJR-22 | Main | A Matter Of Public Trust: Republicans Explain That Lobbyists Have Absolutely No Influence In Our Legislature »

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines Day! Love Grows

After 22 Valentine Days with Barb I greet this Valentines Day with mixed emotions. To start the day Peter Moulson and I rushed up to the legislature in Santa Fe to be sure the latest Super DOMA legislation did not go any further in this 2012 Legislative session. And it did'nt. Hate stopped again in NM.

It dawned on me writing my rant to Chavez yesterday that what I experienced with Barb was beautiful soulful love. I mean I knew we were in love but we were deeply connected. It grows even now when she is no longer with me, it grew while I took care of her, her last weeks, months, days, hours of life. Love grows people.

Crop roseI realize that the body is just that, be it male or female. It is the soul within the space suit that matters. We are lucky to find a soul mate. A soul to help us grow in our understanding of love.

Below is a poem my soul mate Barbara put up on Valentines Day 2007. It is perfect still for today and I thought I would share it from Barb and myself. Love you Barb. Always did. Always have. Always will. Happy Valentines day to all! xoxo

We were talking
about the space between us all
and people who hide themselves
behind a wall of illusion
never glimpse the truth
then it's far too late
when they pass away

We were talking
about the love we all could share
When we find it
to try our best to hold it there
with our love, with our love
we could save the world
if they only knew

Try to realize it's all within yourself
no one else can make you change
And to see you're really only very small
and life flows on within you and without you

We were talking
about the love that's gone so cold
and the people who gain the world
and lose their soul
They don't know, they can't see
Are you one of them?

When you've seen beyond yourself
then you may find
peace of mind is waiting there
And the time will come
when you see we're all one
and life flows on within you and without you

February 14, 2012 at 04:15 PM in Barbara Rose Wold, GLBT Rights, Holidays | Permalink

Comments

Posted by: Pat | Feb 14, 2012 5:25:21 PM

Nice tat, too.

Happy Valentine's Day, dear heart.

Posted by: John McAndrew | Feb 14, 2012 5:28:28 PM

So glad to hear the news, ME. Thanks for the update.

And thank you for reminding us once again that love does not see how we are but who we are, and it is in the who that we share and find our love connections.

Posted by: bg | Feb 14, 2012 6:34:33 PM

thanks so much for sharing and for all the work you're doing to keep the message out there that we are only who we are and that's a very good thing.

Posted by: linda | Feb 15, 2012 10:43:29 AM

I was brought to tears last night on Lawrence O'Donnell's The Last Word when Maureen Walsh (R) spoke about why she voted for the Wash State Marriage Equality bill, ESSB 6239, which has been signed into law in Washington! She spoke about her wonderful marriage to her husband, how happy she was until widowed at age 51. And her reflection on the happiness 2 people can find. And she wanted that same potential happiness for her daughter, a lesbian, and her daughter's partner. It doesn't matter who your true love is, when you find them, you want to legalize and celebrate that relationship with marriage. Whether it is Bob and me, or Mary Ellen and Barb, we deserve the same respect under the law. Bob and I had it, but ME and Barb did not, and many others do not. And someday that will change, as it is in state after state. Eventually, NM, hopefully sooner not later. Thanks to all the work people here in this state keep doing for others. And bless Maureen Walsh for her compassionate words last night.

Posted by: Cheryl Harris | Feb 15, 2012 10:53:52 AM