« Barb Wold Activist Blogger Founder of DemocracyforNewMexico Passes Away | Main | ABQ City Council Rolls Back the Energy Conservation Code »

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Carry On

The out pouring of support for Barb has been over whelming, I am so touched and wherever the spirit goes in the after life it is my hope she is witnessing this appreciation of her time and efforts on the planet.

This song came to me this morning. I find it fitting to what we and I have to do.

I got calls to Carry On from Senator Udall and Gov. Howard Dean. I saw a message on joe monahan's blog from Congressman Heinrich and received a call from Rep. Ben Ray Lujan's staff. All expressing how sorry they are for Barb's passing, but glad we were going to Carry On here at DemocracyforNewMexico.

So Carry On I shall. And Carry On we shall. It is what Barb wanted. Her voice will be missed and as one of the comments on the previous post here I saw explaining Barb's ways, "She was akin to a surgeon, going right to the political cancer, relentless and sure." says it all. Remember it takes a village to raise a blog. Hours are passing, times a wasting, the theives and polluters and haters are running free.

So we start again. Barb is free to the spirit world. It is time to Carry On.

R1-03156-0018

December 21, 2011 at 11:48 AM in DFA, DFNM - Albq, Local Politics, Music | Permalink

Comments

awe-inspiring. thanks. back to work.

Posted by: linda | Dec 21, 2011 12:09:40 PM

I hope you will have a lot of help in this task. She left some darn big shoes to fill, and I think it will take a village to walk in her footsteps!

So happy you can feel the support, all of us knowing that BW did such a stellar job with her life.

The gift of death is that we all have the opportunity to renew our own determination to aim high, do good, and live and love well. Again, big shoes to fill.

Walk in light BW, love to you ME.

Posted by: bg | Dec 21, 2011 1:07:54 PM

You probably feel like you have to play without the music in front of you sooner than you expected!

Posted by: Michelle Meaders | Dec 21, 2011 2:01:26 PM

Right On !

Posted by: Anita Walsh | Dec 21, 2011 6:40:39 PM

My deepest condolences go out to you. Thank you for cont. this wonderful source of information. I am grateful that I will be able to (virtually) accompany you on this new chapter in your life.

Posted by: Adrian | Dec 23, 2011 3:34:31 PM