« Lt. Gov. Candidate Brian Colón Raises $170,917 This Period, $447,952 in Total | Main | 4/21: Fundraiser to Support Stephanie Richard for State Rep, District 43 »

Monday, April 12, 2010

LG Candidate Linda Lopez Raises $21,040 Since October, Has $5,366 Cash On Hand

State Senator Linda Lopez, a Democratic candidate for lieutenant governor, raised $21,040 this reporting period and spent $29,354. Her campaign's opening balance was $13,682 and her current cash on hand is $5,366. A total of $6,000 of her donations came from her State Senate Campaign Committee. Click to read her April 12, 2010 report to the Secretary of State.

April 12, 2010 at 10:51 PM in 2010 NM Lt. Governor Race, Linda Lopez | Permalink

Comments

Hey there, I checked out the link, you are reporting on her State Senate campaign report.

Posted by: me | Apr 12, 2010 8:36:11 PM

Her treasurer may have mistakenly typed in the wrong campaign name.

Posted by: Ellen Wedum | Apr 12, 2010 9:21:43 PM

see the first page of report, office sought or held: state senate

Posted by: me | Apr 12, 2010 9:32:21 PM

Thanks for getting the right one up. And thanks for posting the information.

Posted by: me | Apr 12, 2010 10:59:19 PM

That is strange. It comes up under Lt Governor race when you do a search.

Posted by: charlotte | Apr 12, 2010 11:15:07 PM

I went back and it says Lt Governor and it has recent expenditures and donations for this reporting period.I think ME and Barb are right on this one.

Posted by: charlotte | Apr 12, 2010 11:29:04 PM

Sorry for the confusion! I had the wrong report up there at first. I'm not sure why. These are the correct numbers based on the correct report.

Posted by: barb | Apr 13, 2010 12:25:48 AM

$500 from Dr. No (John Arthur Smith) and $300 from Tim Jennings. Need I say more???

Posted by: Proud Democrat | Apr 13, 2010 11:45:52 AM

Well, Colon got money from Tim Jennings. So do you want to stick with that statement, Proud Dem?

Posted by: JoeDem | Apr 13, 2010 12:04:46 PM

Yes JoeDem, and I'll say more. The Colon contribution came from Tom Jennings, the Senate pro tem's brother. Tom is a former County Chair. It's not likely that Tim Jennings would contribute to Brian Colon, who publicly lambasted him when Tim Jennings endorsed a Republican in a neighboring state senate race. I remember that Colon later said that it was difficult to make those comments because Tom Jennings was a county chair and a personal friend. However, he felt duty bound to call out the senator for his disloyalty to the party.

Posted by: Proud Democrat | Apr 19, 2010 1:46:06 AM