« 168 AIG Employees to Get $92,500 to $4 M Each for 'Retention' | Main | Quote of the Day: A Big Three Bailout the GOP Can Support »

Friday, December 12, 2008

Emails to DFNM Illuminate Blogger's Behavior Problem

I just got five emails that said virtually the same thing:

I have it on the best authority that Joe Monahan pushes caffeine-soaked plugs up his arse. My friend told me he's seen Joe do it any number of times, in person. An insider told me Joe does it to rev up his libido and improve his spelling skills. Have you heard this too?

How about it DFNM readers -- have any of you heard this is or isn't true? Weigh in! Send in your emails! We can determine the truth here and now. I'll decide which emails should be revealed and publish them here anonymously. We'll get to the bottom of this. Take my word for it.
***********
Of course the above isn't true but it sure mimics how Monahan writes about things, doesn't it? How do we know whether the emails he cites are real or imagined? He doesn't supply names or any other info on the missives, yet we are to believe they represent some sort of "side" on a given issue. Does anyone with an ounce of common sense actually trust Joe on stuff like this? If so, why? Virtually all of the Alligator man's "insider" leaks are planted on his website to grind a status quo axe or bring attention to the views of his cronies with vested interests in something. Why would these alleged emails be any different?

Even if the emails were real, who's to say he's not getting hundreds refuting the ones he quotes? It's the oldest trick in the book -- just about as decrepit as the status quo views of the "wall leaners" and lounge lizards Joe uses to rake his muck. Hey Joe -- we see through the drivel. Give it a rest. Or publish the complete emails with names and dates attached. Until then, we'll keep assuming that you're making it all up and/or tilting the playing field to help yourself and your anti-reform buddies.

Why do I bring this up now? Because Joe has been on another of his many missions to help the forces that want to keep new blood and fresh ideas out of Santa Fe. He's been dribbling out the drivel to stir up a "controversy" related to Lt. Gov. Diane Denish's pick to replace herself when she moves into the governor's office -- and using the old email trick to do it.

I refuse to link to him, but check out his post yesterday to see what I mean. Why, Joe's arguing the "sides" in his carefully constructed battle via alleged emails he quotes anonymously and/or selectively, if they exist at all. And he's claiming there's "severe angst" out there against the frontrunner candidate. Bah, humbug.

I know that way too many politicos and political junkies give Monahan power and influence beyond his actual degree of sway, but I hope Lt. Gov. Denish will keep her own council on her selection of a replacement to serve as LG. She should ignore the orchestrated whispering campaign Joe's using to try to inject static into the decision. Once again, he's using less than forthright tactics to push the views of the good ol' boys club. You know how he is.

Technorati tags:

December 12, 2008 at 02:17 PM in 2009 Gubernatorial Transition, Government, Local Politics, Media | Permalink

Comments

I don't know about concern troll Joe's caffeine habits, but maybe the rumor has a kernal of truth to it. Could the caffeine-soaked plugs really be coffee enemas? That would explain the strange alligator sh*t he keeps shoveling out of his *ss. Or is that elephant sh*t?

Posted by: Proud Democrat | Dec 12, 2008 4:00:42 PM

I regularly read DFNM, Haussamen and Monahan. I consider this attack on Monahan to be rather unprofessional (blogging is a profession?). Here is the (anonymous) comment from Monahan:

"The rise of Hector has been due...to a well executed public relations blitz run by skilled political operative (and Auditor Balderas PR consultant) Caroline Buerkle, formerly of Wiviott for Congress and Patricia Madrid for Congress... It's a pursuit of headlines and promotion, the Auditor Hotline, weekly Christmas E-cards, last year's crusade against Sandoval County, which turned up no wrongdoing, but made for a good press conference...Governor Denish does not need flash; she needs someone to do the heavy lifting...."

How about checking the allegations? Does Balderas have a paid political consultant? Did he conduct an investigation in Sandoval county that ultimately gave them a clean bill of health??

Posted by: TnT | Dec 13, 2008 2:51:05 AM

Unprofessional? Monahan and his leaks are unprofessional as hell and he claims he is a journalist. DFNM is a blog that is for opinion, satire, criticism etc. This post is an example of what real blogs are free to do and what websites posing as newspapers or "neutral" don't.

TNT misses the point. Monahan posts what he claims are emails but we don't know if he makes them up, quotes them out of context, quotes only what he wants or omits important points. What we do know is that he puts in "quotes" that serve the political purposes of himself and his "insiders". He pretends otherwise.

Posted by: Reader | Dec 13, 2008 9:25:45 AM

Where can I get some of these plugs? I'be been feeling a tetch sluggish lately.

Posted by: suz | Dec 13, 2008 9:54:03 AM

Glad you are an regular reader of the DFNM blog. Crude as the opening is to this post it is said in jest, IMO funny. Maybe you do not have fatigue about the Monahan or general press planting of heresay, and his and their own rumorville influencing our country. Monahan actively works against most of the candidates and activities this blog promotes.

On the assertions in Monahan's quote above, please see the following:

1. JM: "The rise of Hector has been due...to a well executed public relations blitz run by skilled political operative (and Auditor Balderas PR consultant) Caroline Buerkle, formerly of Wiviott for Congress and Patricia Madrid for Congress... "

Response: Could the rise of Auditor Balderas be because he is performing his job of Auditor well, traveling the state and working on the corruption and mispent funds we see in the headlines too often?

2.JM: "It's a pursuit of headlines and promotion, the Auditor Hotline,"

Response: the auditor hotline was set up so people could report anonymously information they may be witness to which they believe is wrongdoing so it could be looked into. Is this bad? I guess for Monahan.

3. JM: weekly Christmas E-cards,

Response: I am on the SCC and an active Democrat. I do not know what you are talking about for a weekly Christmas card. Really - weekly?? Again...since when have you been getting weekly christmas cards? like september? how about some reality checking about that silly assertion before writing it or quoting it.

4.JM: last year's crusade against Sandoval County, which turned up no wrongdoing, but made for a good press conference.

Response: So your opinion is the Auditor looking into possible misdeeds is a crusade? I for one am happy he looked into it and glad nothing was found. A crusade to one is performing the job he is hired for to others.

5. JM.."Governor Denish does not need flash; she needs someone to do the heavy lifting...."

Response: Who or what is the flash? - Auditor Balderas is not flash IMO, he is a pretty humble civil servant, working for NM.

The only peice that rings true is the heavy lifting, yep Lt Gov Denish sure is going to need help these next years with what is looking like pretty dismal times.

Lastly: the other name floating around for the pick is Mr Rael. IMO I think Mr Rael would be a good and competent Lt Gov., absolutely. The negative for Mr Rael IMO is that he has not been part of the Democratic party, as an active Dem. I have not seen Rael at any meetings, have never seen him rallying for a candidate or cause, he was absent for the entire 08 election from what I know. Yes he is a good bureaucrat and has been able to accomplish good things for Abq, and the state of NM.

In the end time will tell who Diane Denish chooses for the Lt Gov position.

ps... i want some them there plugs!

Posted by: mary ellen | Dec 13, 2008 10:00:51 AM

TnT forgot this statement by Joe:

"We--and others--have been saying that State Auditor Hector Balderas seems to be at or near the top of the list when it comes to getting the Light Guv nod. That is causing severe angst in some quarters."

We only have Joe's word that "severe angst" is rising up in "some quarters" and we know how unreliable Joe's word is from things he has claimed in the past. I would guess the angst is coming from at least one other person who wants the job and doesn't want Balderas to have it so we have this planted rumor by Joe as a favor.

By now most of us know how Joe operates and how he serves the interests of certain players who don't like the changes they are seeing. I'm glad somebody is calling him on it.

Posted by: R. M. | Dec 13, 2008 10:19:51 AM

From the title of this blog post, I thought you were talking about me! Phew. Dodged another bullet.

Now don't release those photos you have of me from Denver...

Posted by: Matt | Dec 13, 2008 12:26:50 PM

Ha ha, Matt. Ah, the tales we bloggers could tell....

Posted by: barb | Dec 13, 2008 12:55:08 PM

I'm sure LG Denish will select the very best candidate for the job. She is one smart cookie and tough too. I'm not worried.

Posted by: JJ | Dec 13, 2008 1:22:27 PM